It happens to all of us at some point…

‘The Dieting Dilemma’.

That moment when you realise that it’s time to do something about your eating habits.

It may happen when you’re looking in the mirror or standing on the scales.

And your first thought is probably ‘go on a ‘diet’…

…but as quickly as that enters your mind the ghosts of a ‘hundred diets past’ returns along with all the frustration, pain and angst that goes with it.

So you think to yourself, why bother?

The weight will come back on…

…it ALWAYS does!

And you know you’ll be back in front of the mirror in no time at all, discouraged, disheartened and fatter than ever, right!

Welcome to the ‘Dieting Dilemma‘.

So what’s the answer?


DONT go on another diet.

Instead CHANGE your lifestyle and CHANGE your mindset around dieting!

Think about it like this…

DIETING makes you FAT!

Yes you read that right!

In fact read it again.

DIETING makes you FAT!

The result for most people, most of the time is that they quickly gain back the weight they lose on a diet (plus some extra).

So the result of going in a diet is WEIGHT GAIN not weight loss.

And the odds of this happening any other way are seriously stacked against you.

So are you ready to make a big change in your approach to ‘losing weight’.

It’s time to lose your ‘all or nothing’ mentality.

Embrace simple, small changes that will add up to BIG changes in your lifestyle.

So the solution to cleaning up your daily diet is NOT going back on a ‘diet’.

In fact, I never want you to go on a ‘diet’ again.

Yes, you read that right again!

Instead I want you to commit to making healthy changes to your eating habits.

And to do this MOST of the time

Use the 80/20 approach

‘Be good to yourself 80% of the time and dont worry about the other 20%’

(and 20% of a year is 10.4 weeks)

So if you do have a greasy burger and chips at the end of a night out, eat them, enjoy them and forget about them, then on Monday just get on with your week and keep moving forward.

The burger fits nicely into your 20% and REALLY it doesnt matter as 80% of the time you are being good to yourself and eating healthy, right!

And that’s the KEY – being GOOD to yourself!

Dieting is NOT being good to yourself!

Its just punishment that gives you a FAKE result…

ie: short term weight loss followed by GUARANTEED weight gain and loss of self esteem!

To your success,

Kieran 🙂

P.S. Looking for some help achieving your goals and making changes in your life?

Then set up a 10 minute strategy call and let me help you put a plan in place.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.